You arrived at the right adress if you are looking for new and original repertoire for your bigband, fanfare, brassband or combo. Here no “stock arrangements” played by every other bigband, but new challenging titles. Pieces that can give an innovating and vitalizing boost to your band. See "Catalog".
The material I offer in this website can be subdivided like this.
- Modern Bigband music; arrangements of Jazz Rock and Fusion pieces. Quite a high level. (Frank Zappa, Joe Zawinul, Tania Maria, Herbie Hancock, Marcus Miller and my own compositions)
- Popular Bigband music; Arrangements of well known Pop, Soul, Rock, Disco, Funk tunes. (Jimmy Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Michael Jackson)
- World music; Afrobeat, Kwela, Mambo. (Tony Allen, Fela Kuti, South African Jazz Pioneers, New Cool Collective, Joe Cuba, Cal Tjader.)
- New Orleans music; Funky Second Line Brassband, NO Rhythm and Blues. Lots of vocals.(Rebirth BB, Dirty Dozen BB, Dr John, Allen Toussaint, Eddie Bo, Neville Brothers, The Meters.)
- Jump an' Jive; Rock and Roll. (Louis Prima, Louis Jordan, Red Prysock)
- Film music and other specific music.
After a study in Theater Direction at the Amsterdam Theaterschool and Arranging/ Composing at the Amsterdam Conservatory in the eighties, I solely focused on music. First as a saxophone player and later particularly as a bandleader, music teacher, arranger, composer and bandcoach.
Among other projects I initiated The Rough Times Orchestra ('88-'90), The Sudorific Saxophone Sextet ('90-'91), amateur streetband Toeterszat ('92-'02), New Orleans Brassband De Broeders ('92-'02) and amateur Bigband De Soulrebels ('02-present).
The last three summers I arranged/composed the music for, and was the musical director of the XLJAZZ extended bigband. A project for advanced amateur musicians hosted by Buitenkunst.
- 2006 Jazz from Hell: the music of Frank Zappa
- 2007 Funk and Fusion: greatest hits 70's 80's Jazz Rock
- 2008 Omnivore: my own compositions.
"I have visited two editions with Dieho at the helm and I regard 'Frank Zappa Jazz from Hell' one of the most impressive concerts i have ever experienced" Paul van den Belt on Weblog Draai om je oren, Jaaz and more.
At the moment I'm researching arranging techniques en looking at people like Gil Evans, Bob Brookmeyer, Duke Ellington, Billy Strayhorn and Thelonious Monk.